The role sleep plays in the regulation of brain function, regeneration, and production of adult stem cells. Therefore, even a slight disturbance to your sleep can affect your body and mind such as memory loss, mood disorders, depression, and eating disorders. Sleep deprivation is one of the reasons for the higher risk of diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, skin problems, or weight gain. At the same time, not getting enough sleep weakens a person’s immune system.
If you are experiencing hair loss due to lack of sleep, don’t bother to ask for affordable scalp micropigmentation services that can guarantee your satisfaction, near you.
If you are asking for side effects of scalp micropigmentation, there are no severe side effects it is 100% safe and effective.
How does lack of sleep lead to hair loss?
National Institutes of Health advises that sleep may affect your hair health. A good night’s sleep will help restore and adequately synthesize hair protein, release enzymes and growth hormones needed to ensure healthy hair.
In the American Journal of Pathology, their consultation about the two impacts of lack of sleep on hair loss is hormonal changes and stress.
- The human body produces the hormone melatonin. This hormone has been confirmed by researchers to regulate the sleep cycle and increase hair growth. While sleep has a direct impact on the human body’s natural hormones, it means that poor sleep reduces the amount of melatonin, potentially cause hair loss.
- Lack of sleep will stress people. The psychological stress response has been shown to lead to hair loss due to telogen effluvium. The reason is that the tiredness has caused the hair follicles to fall into an early resting state, followed by a period of loss earlier than normal.
Will my hair grow back if I sleep more?
Fortunately for many people who stay up late or are ‘workaholic’, hair loss caused by lack of sleep is not permanent and can be overcome. Once the cortisol levels are restored to the normal level, the body exits the survival mode, then normal body functions and hair growth cycle return.
How can you help your hair regrow after sleep deprivation?
The best way to prevent hair loss caused by lack of sleep is to establish emotional well-being and enough sleep. Healthy sleep patterns require many factors from how much sleep per night to the condition of your bed and how you sleep. Once a proper sleep schedule is active, cortisol levels will be lowered and hair loss will slow down.
The best way to improve sleep quality
- Set a suitable temperature in your rest area (around 65 degrees F)
- Drink a cup of warm chamomile tea about 45 minutes before going to bed to relax your body
- Stop using your phone at least 1 hour before starting rest
- Sleep in a dark bedroom
- Do not take a nap for longer than 15-30 minutes a day
- Arrange mattress, blanket, pillow appropriately, making you feel comfortable when falling asleep
- Maintain consistent bedtime and waking times because hair growth depends on your circadian clock to activate.
What to do to improve hair health
- Diet is an important part of improving your hair growth. Double-check to see if you missed something like foods high in vitamins A, B, C, D, E, zinc, iron, biotin for your body. Variety of food to choose such as dark green leafy vegetables, carrots, sweet potatoes, avocados, sweet peppers, and nuts. They will help maintain healthy and shiny hair.
- The second is to take care of your mental health. One of the easiest ways to deal with stress issues is to practice meditation, yoga, relaxation, deep open techniques, or participate in light therapy. Remember that serious psychological stress including sleep deprivation might cause sudden hair loss.
The solution to improve the appearance of thinning hair
For genetically-influenced hair loss issues such as male pattern baldness or female pattern hair loss and thinning hair as well, you may want to consider scalp micropigmentation (SMP). This is a medical therapy that introduces color into the epidermis of the scalp skin that does not grow hair. This treatment regenerates the hair follicle area on the scalp, giving a freshly shaved scalp appearance. Experts can create hundreds to thousands of pigmentation dots per square inch of the scalp tension to give hair a less sparse look.
Unlike hair transplants, one of the most premium services for people with hair loss, SMP therapy is more affordable. You can find out everything related to SMP in the next sidebar.
Both men and women are equally likely to experience hair loss. This article has provided information about the ways sleep causes hair loss. Obviously, it is important to find the right cause to improve the hair loss situation.
Overall, you should know that the hair change won’t happen tomorrow. There are many factors that can prevent your hair growth, from overuse of styling tools like straighteners and curlers to environmental dryness and hair loss. So don’t be impatient if your sleep has improved and hair loss persists. In the event that improving your sleep quality doesn’t help, it’s time to see your doctor’s consultation to find out the real reasons and medical advice for your hair loss problem.